I decided to look up Anne Bronte because I read her novel The Tenant of Wildfell Hall last year after seeing the comic below.
Before seeing that comic, I had no idea there were three Bronte authors, having only heard of Emily and Charlotte. All I had to do was type Anne's name into the search engine at The Orlando Project and her entry was the first that came up. I particularly liked the explanation of why Anne is less well known than her sisters, and how her style was less gothic and more realistic than theirs. I also enjoyed how the information was separated into easily navigable topics and categories, and the timeline with embedded links.


Engaging post. What does your experience with Anne B say about the value of this kind of textbase?
ReplyDeleteI think that my experience proves the strong value of that kind of textbase. On it's own, an entry is a wealth of information about one specific figure of work. In the case of Anne Bronte, it was the fact that her entry (like others) was linked to her sisters' that allowed me to learn about her an as an individual and in the context of her time and society.
ReplyDelete